The Polystream website is operated by Elektraglide Ltd of 79 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU1 4UH.
- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information, and;
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Elektraglide Ltd of 79 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU1 4UH (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address) when you register with us, trial or test our services, request information from us or subscribe for our newsletter. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback or participate in a survey.
Information we collect automatically
Our site and the services provided via our site may also collect certain information automatically (such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, and usage of our site and services).
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- provide you with access to tests, demonstrations or trials of streaming services, subject to the licence terms available at polystream.com/eula;
- carry out our obligations arising from contracts between us (including providing support);
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- request your feedback regarding our streaming services and other related services;
- keep in touch with you regarding the services, future changes and improvements to our services, and other related services we think may interest you;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
Legal basis for processing your data
In connection with our processing of your data, as described above, the law requires that we have a lawful basis for processing your data in those ways. We rely on different lawful bases for our various processing activities, including:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (for example, to provide our services and support, contact you regarding the service, future changes and improvements to our services, and other related services, or request your feedback);
- you have provided us with consent to do so (for example, when you register with us, trial or test our services, request information from us, subscribe to our newsletter or consent to other marketing communications); or
- it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (for example, where we use personal data for research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis).
Where you consent to the processing of personal data by us, for example when you sign up for our newsletter, you will have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website;
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- if we sell our business, in which case, customer and user information will be a transferred asset.
Where we transfer your personal data to a third party, it will be subject to a contract requiring them to process your data in accordance with data protection laws and only where they have lawful grounds for processing the data.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We use a secure third-party data storage provider, which may store personal data on secure servers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We shall ensure that appropriate contractual provisions are in place to ensure that personal data is stored and processed in accordance with data protection laws. We may transfer information outside of the EEA, including to third parties located in countries outside of the EEA, to the extent necessary to use the information in accordance with this policy. That may include the transfer of your information to countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA, including the USA, Russia, Japan, China and India. Where we do so, we shall ensure that appropriate contractual provisions are in place in accordance with data protection laws.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
What rights do you have?
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by contacting us (see details below).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you;
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or write to us at 79 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4UH, UK.